Monday 29 August 2016

Cleansed

I was recently given a sample amidst a beauty crisis. It changed my entire makeup routine and I have to share.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a once in a lifetime special on Maybelline mascara and literally bought a basketful. As a makeup artist one can never have enough in stock. One of the many I bought was the Falsies Volum Express Waterproof and it is truly fantastic as far as staying power goes. 
One problem. That problem we all face when pondering which mascara to use for a day at the lake. Is it worth using the waterproof for one day of fabulous how-does-she-look-so-good-after-being-thrown-off-the-yacht eyes? Is it worth it for a week's worth of pulling out clumped together spider lashes in true Type A frustration. For me it just wasn't. So I've had the one I kept as a personal trial tube in the least-used makeup drawer and let bygones be bygones. 

Enter the sneaky sample. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double Action Eye makeup remover. 


I'm always really skeptical of spending on higher end commercial products that do the same thing many other (often natural or budget ) products can do, but I have to say this one really is worth the money. Well played, Lancôme. 


I decided to put it to the ultimate test against the die-hard mascara and it worked instantly! It leaves an oily residue afterwards but it's easily washed off. At any rate I much prefer that to the dryness I get from so many of the other cleansers and astringents in my armory. 

I'm now using waterproof mascara everyday fear free, which is fantastic in the Texas humidity I'm currently enjoying.
Another plus is that waterproof mascara holds a curled lash better than the regular sort, so big eyes are now an all day feature.

Have you tried a remover or natural product that works better than any other? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment